Saturday, January 17, 2009

Moving Forward

Toast:

Have you ever thought back and asked "what have I been doing for these xx years?" Yes I did. I recalled my childhood ambition, which was then - to be a lawyer. Why? coz a lawyer is cool, smart, stylo-milo, eloquent, rich and plays a part in justice. Anyway, guess I lacked the belief that I could ever make it....moreover back then, I sucked in speech, trembled in front of crowd, low self-confidence....gonna take miracle to fulfil that dream ha!

Today, I'm no high-flyer out there, but I'm contented (although I grumble at times heh). The past many years I had been searching for direction, was never happy with my job nor my life, but now, I'm happy (seriously) I'm grateful that I have good people around giving me opportunities and the much needed support. I cherish every moment that I'm having now. Yes I regretted. Thought I could live a better person in the past. Time files and now, I'm going to be 30 soon. As a child I couldn't wait to grow up and be as tall as the adults. Here I am, times wishing I could be a kid, be with my grandma. Everyone was around back then, now...some of them had left...wonder will I see them again when my time comes? When my grandma left, I was really sad and over-whelmed with anger. Anyway, to live this life, one must learn how to let go, if not, it's gonna be miserable.

Somehow certain things or characteristics change with time. I have overcome old fears ( of coz new ones come along.. there are things that I tend to be paranoid of hee), Confidence I have... well...enough for being who I am now. Still growing emotionally and spiritually, however there is a certain level of strength and faith built within me, at least I know I won't topple or crush easily. Past experience taught me if I hold my ground, I can overcome the failures and losses. What could be worse? Death? I'm not afraid of death. I'm just afraid I don't have enough time. The paradox is....we always feel we have too much time when we are kicking and alive...only to realise that every minute and seconds count when we are dying.

Moving forward, chinese new year is approaching. We should always be positive. Let's make today a memorable one and not something we will regret tomorrow. If you have a dream or a hope, do something to get it, you will get nothing just by sitting and waiting. Go for it! I love this quote: "Today is a present, tomorrow is a surprise."

Lastly, must maintain your body. feeling and looking good is important! Boost your confidence, it really helps what you wana accomplish in the near future. You don't need branded stuff ya....just spend more efforts on yourself and be happy.

Life is short! Live it up! And.....I don't want to be a lawyer liao...other than the "I can't qualify" portion,..well...I'm happy being a "peasant"...as for the richness...well...money can't buy. What more could I ask for when the future reveals wonderful things I have never asked for?

~ Tears and Laughters, Pain and Happiness, the Perfect Pair ~

No comments: