Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Wisdom Tooth Extraction 27/09/08

Was late 10 mins (went to buy 4D heh) and the first thing the Dental Surgeon said to me: "thought you chicken out" (Manz!.....honestly, had the intention to do so..but I need to get it extracted soooner or later...moreover...that tooth was kinda decaying......dun wanna ended up extracting the other tooth next to it)

Was really nervous lying there. In my mind "Can't believe that I'm doing this! The anesthetic better work siahz"

The reassurance of the Surgeon only worked after the injection. I should say the injection was less than an ant bite...in fact it was painless. He put on some cream before the injection. The next minute, I could feel the anesthetic working. Had that painless swelling feel on the right half of my tongue, right gum and right cheek...like half of my face was swelling. The injection was power! If not wrong, it was injected on the gum where the nerves were.

"Ok, I'm going to start with the extraction now." said the surgeon.

Gave a weak nod. In my mind "You better make sure I dun feel any pain huh.............shucks!"

Ermmm I duno know what he actually did in the next minutes..had my eyes shut. He did mention some stuff like "you will feel some impact" you will feel some pressure" etc etc....didn't feel a single pain..only heard the sound of the tools and at some point, like almost choked on my own blood. The next moment felt threads on my mouth...so fast he was stitching up the gum liao. Then asked me to bite the cotton piece. "Huh...ok liao?!"

The whole procedure took like less than 15 mins

Was really happy then. The whole bill was S$500 over inclusive of medication (Antibiotics & Painkillers plus the cotton)

I changed the cotton one hr later...was really bloody. Went to see mirror, the operated gum looked quite gross....there was a super dark red patch there...and looked like a hole. Happy that I didn't feel any pain.

Then 1 hour later......shucks...the anesthetic started to wear off....and when the complete pain came....it got abit unbearable and kinda triggered headache siahz....went to bed and had a hard time getting to sleep...somehow I fell asleep...and when I woke up...the pain greatly subsided. I drank Porridge for the rest of the day....As instructed, kept swollowing the saliva cum blood (Avoid spitting and rinsing in the first 24 hrs)

Went to bed last night without brushing my teeth. Surprisingly, slept really well. My mouth got a really odd taste when I woke up this morning....and my breath kinda stink! The first thing I did after removing the cotton was to rinse my mouth....no pain heh. The wound seemed much better...my teeth looked pretty clean too (alltough didn't brush)...and my gum quite pink and healthy....hehe..happy happy. But the wound is still bleeding with cotton still there. Hopefully it will stop by tomorrow.

The next thing I'm worried now is....will it be painful to remove the stitches next fri...

Very hungryz now....craving for maggie mee....dun care...going to cook later.....

No comments: